Road Trip: Muar
So… much… food…
I’ve never eaten 7 hours straight before. This was a first…
It all started on the 19th of January at 11:30 AM…
1) steamed rice cake (chui ke) @ Jalan Yahya near Kang Ping Koptiam ✓✓✓✓✓
2) Mee Bandung Abu Bakar Hanipah and Satay @ Wah San Kopitiam ✓
3) Friend Kuey Teow with Otak-Otak and ABC @ the food court behind the old Cathay cinema ✓
Then we moved on to Pei Teng’s mom’s Hair Salon where she fattened us even more.
4) Otak-Otak wrapped in atap leaves ✓
5) Putu piring ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Omg so gooooddddd!!!
6) Bird’s Nest soup
7) And black glutinous rice courtesy of Pei Teng’s mom ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓
8) Char Siew and roast pork from Glutton Street ( that’s right, you heard me, Glutton Street) ✓
9) Rojak @ Tanjung Emas. Meh. T’was okay. Nothing life changing.
Alligator and Monkeys for desserts
Okay that’s actually a biawak and I have no pictures of monkeys since they creeped me out kinda like the ones in Tarzan.
Thought it was funny when they started procreating on top of a friend’s Myvi. Maybe white Malaysian-made cars are an aphrodisiac to baboons.
10) Dinner @ Restoran Dauble Lim was Asam fish and a lot of other stuff I don’t remember because the food was too good.
The cost of everything per person minus Pei Teng’s mom’s dishes and dinner was about RM30 per person. Which is reasonable for a 7 hour buffet.
Would I go back to Muar?
Yeah sure, but not to pig out for 7 hours. As much as I like it, I don’t look forward to the constipation that follows.
Road Trip: Success ✓
Thinking of: Why am I so indecisive, Tarzan and Jane and starting a dream journal.