How-To: Crack Your Back
Uncomfortable sleeping positions, straining my back while doing chores, carrying heavy furniture all over the last week contributed to a very painful wake-up call on Sunday morning at 4:40am.
After 2 days suffering, I Googled how to crack the crick out of my back here. I followed each of these steps and the stretch that popped my back was this:
Step 12: Lying down stretch.
- Lie face-down.
- Turn only your torso so your right shoulder supports your weight.
- Extend your left arm and stretch in the opposite direction that you’re facing.
and Step 13: Chair Twist
- Sit facing-forward on a chair. A kitchen chair, with posts on each side, is best.
- Hold the left post of the chair with your right arm.
- Turn your body to the left.
- Repeat using the right post.
Turns out I didn’t need that strong momentum, just a gentle stretch until you hear a ‘pop’ sound. Ahh, that beautiful ‘pop’ sound.
Let your back slowly heal instead of continuously stressing it out.
Thinking of: Dizzee Rascal Feat. Robbie Williams’ Goin’ Crazy, Scott Bradlee & Postmodern Jukebox’s We Can’t Stop, finding a better way and how it’s nice getting gifts.