Artisan: HandyCam Pouch

So my old handy cam bag was falling apart and a very good sewer/sower/alterationist/seamstress friend of mine very graciously offered to teach me how to make a new pouch for Handy.

Step 1:

Buy the cloth for the outside, inside, zipper, handle and cotton batting. And a button. Just for funsies.

IMG_1258

I spent about RM62.80 from Fabric Fanatics at The Summit USJ.

IMG_1259

Step 2:

Measure the pieces according to the pouch size you want and cut them out.

IMG_1256

You’ll need about 4 parts for the outer layer and 3 part of the inner and it’s corresponding batting parts. Use the exact measurements for the inside as you do the outside and batting.

Don’t forget to cut out the zipper part and strap handles.

IMG_1265

Step 3:

Iron on the batting.

IMG_1260

Step 4:

Sew the parts together.

IMG_1264

And when you can’t, hire cheap labour.

IMG_1262

Step 5:

Sew on the button, clip on the strap and admire your new pouch ๐Ÿ˜€

IMG_1620

IMG_1619

Unfortunately, we sew the strap handles too unevenly so it tips over upside down sometimes. BUT! It looks pretty so yay.

IMG_1267

Special thanks to: Choo Jia Yi for helping me make the pouch. You did almost 90% and I took the length of a pregnancy to finish the remaining 10%. Can’t wait for you to come back ๐Ÿ™‚

On a side note: Was just introduced to the best pop songs of 2013 cover.

Thinking of: Anthem Lights, owls, flies and foo foo cuddly-poops.

2 thoughts on “Artisan: HandyCam Pouch

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s