Filmophile: X-Men: Days Of Future Past
Man, they are milking Hugh Jackman for all his worth.
I really didn’t want to watch this movie but Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 95% and IMdB 4 out of 5 stars. My curiosity got the better of me.
Then again I recall RT also gave Borat 4 out of 5 stars.
So the storyline is basically many years into the future where mutant and humans with possible mutant DNA are hunted and killed by Sentinels
whoah Missing Sun flashback until there is nothing but the evil elite left. The only way to save it is by altering an incident that happened in 1973. So they have to send Wolverine back in time to get Magneto and Xavier to play nice and stop the event from taking place.
Here’s some stuff to take note of:
1) There’s more humour in the script so I appreciate that.
2) Of course when it comes to movies with time travel there’s going to be a fair amount of loopholes one can find should one choose to nitpick. Case in point Looper, BTTF, About Time, The Lake House, etc. So while there may be questions and discrepancies regarding why didn’t he just do that’s and she could’ve just done this’s, just go with it.
3) James McAvoy was brilliant as a young Prof. Xavier. It’s a bit warming to see a Xavier so lost and broken.
4) There’s this cool mutant that creates portals called Blink played by Fan Bingbing. By far the best mutant power. Below Shadowcat. And Quicksilver. And Magneto. And Wolverine. And Jean. And Mystique. And Prof X. Hmm, guess she’s not that great.
5) Just remember this; The Kitchen Scene.
Not going to rate. Probably wouldn’t give it 95% or 4 stars though. Just my onion.
Question: Was it really necessary for Magneto to carry out a whole stadium with him? Seriously, what’s this drama queen compensating for?
Fun fact: Among his love interests, Wolverine may have possibly had a thing with Squirrel Girl.
Thinking of: The creepy Maleficent trailer.